Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meet the teachers!




I’m a self-taught jewelry designer, altered artist, scrap-booker, mixed-media artist & paper addict from Texas, with a passion for creating and giving new life to antique, retro & vintage findings. I design my jewelry & altered art creations from combining the old with the new which results in unique one-of-a-kind pieces.
It all started at about age 5! Creating with my mother and grandmother. We altered, drew, colored, sewed and glued just about anything in the house. I always was on the lookout for anything vintage, shiny and made of paper. I collected random trinkets~ old keys, bits of bauble and bling, discarded jewelry pieces~ everything was fair game!
As an adult I begin my artistic adventure scrapbooking when my daughter was born and later moved into altering objects into pieces of our memories that could be displayed around the home and eventually into jewelry and vintage handbag design.
This love of teaching and seeing others eyes light up when they see their “Artistic Creation” after thinking they had no Artistic Flair in them led to the beginning of my endeavor of teaching adults Altered Art, Scrapbooking & Jewelry design

I'll be teaching:
"Little House in the Snowy Woods!"
and
"Christmas Crown!"

No comments:

Post a Comment